Monday, August 15, 2011

Super Easy Chocolate Cake or Cupcakes

My husband had asked me in advanced to make some treats for his medical tutorial group and of course I left everything to the last minute. So Sunday evening before heading out I had to quickly whip something up for all those hungry med students. I got this recipe from kidspot.com.au and it seriously was quick & easy to make. The recipe can be baked as either a cake or as cupcakes, here I went with the cupcake option just to do something different. 

Ingredients:
1 cup self-raising flour, sifted
1/3 cup cocoa powder, sifted
1 cup castor sugar
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs

Method:
  1. preheat oven to 180°C, grease a 24cm cake tin or prepare cupcake tin with patty pans
  2. beat sugar, butter and eggs together, add flour, cocoa and milk, mix well.
  3. pour batter into cake tin or prepared cupcake tin
  4. bake cake for 35-40mins or cupcakes for 12-15mins or until the cake springs back when lightly touched in the centre. 
I like my cakes without icing, but if you wish to dress it up with icing go for it! Hope you enjoy this simple "go-to" chocolate cake recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment