Monday, August 8, 2011

Recommended Reading for Expectant Mums.

Like most first time mothers the thought of labour was daunting, heading into the unknown. I would say I did do a fair bit of reading while I was pregnant to prepare myself mentally for the inevitable. One of the books I read that I would highly recommend to anyone expecting is Juju Sundin's Birth Skills with Sarah Murdoch. It gives a great explanation of the birth process through the different stages (without it being too graphic). It also focuses on techniques/skills for pain management that will positively help you through labour. What I most enjoyed about reading this book is it made me feel empowered to conquer "labour" and feel  in prepared for the unknown. 


If your interested in reading about my experience stay tuned, I will be posting it soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment