Monday, April 11, 2011

Simple Vanilla Cake

Nothing smells better than a cake baking in the oven and that's exactly what I wanted the kitchen to smell like today! There is something about it that makes the house feel so homely & welcoming. So if anyone is around feel free to come in & try it. I just made one fresh this afternoon. 

When I call it simple trust me I mean it. I'm not one for complicated cooking & too many ingredients. I seriously whipped it up in 5 mins & then popped it into the oven.

1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1 cup milk
3/4 oil
1 tsp vanilla essence

  1. Mix sugar and eggs with an electric beater, then add flour, milk, oil & vanilla.
  2. Bake in oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 60 mins 
Yes it is really that easy & these are ingredients that you always find at home! So if your craving a little sugar this is something to indulge in. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment